Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review | e.l.f. Cosmetics

First beauty review: e.l.f. Cosmetics. If you have spoken with me over the past month, you know that I tried my hardest to work this brand into the conversation-- I think everyone needs to know about this affordable, quality makeup.

Eyes, Lips, Face, abbreviated as e.l.f., is a cruelty-free (meaning they do not test their products on animals) line that primarily uses natural ingredients like fruit extract and oils. They have three makeup lines: Essential, Studio, and Mineral. Products in the Essential line range from $1-$2, while products in the Studio and Mineral products range from $3-$6.

My mom discovered e.l.f. as she participated in her church's Christmas gift drive for needy families, choosing to buy for a teenage girl who wanted makeup for Christmas. The gift drive had a $25 giving limit, and it is difficult to put together a thorough makeup starter kit for $25. After doing her research, she discovered e.l.f. and recruited me, her makeup loving daughter, to go shopping with her to assemble the makeup kit.

As we shopped, I couldn't resist purchasing some items to try the brand out for myself. After testing some of the products, I knew that this girl was going to have a great Christmas-- e.l.f. is comparable to much more expensive luxury brands!


Several weeks later, I ordered some more e.l.f. products online:

About 3 items are missing from this order!

At the time I purchased these items, e.l.f. had an online sale for 50% off all products. e.l.f. features free standard shipping for orders over $35. Since everything was half off, it was difficult for me to reach $35!

As you can see, I stocked up on the e.l.f. Studio Lip Exfoliator:
e.l.f. Studio Lip Exfoliator-- review coming soon! ($3)

Another great product is the e.l.f. Studio Baked Highlighter:
e.l.f. Studio Baked Highlighter ($3)

In my opinion, e.l.f. is a standout drugstore brand that gives luxury brands a run for their money. The products are inexpensive but high quality. More e.l.f. reviews to come!

4 comments:

  1. I may have discovered the brand, but you were the one who confirmed that it's a good product at a great price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried this line but I really want to now! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Lindsey! I think you would love it-- some of the products are hit and miss, but the lip exfoliator and highlighter are definite wins!

      Delete