Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Gloss | Review

Summer is in full swing! With the rise in temperatures, the need arises for a long-lasting lip color for the many festivities and occasions that summer brings. In the springtime, I noticed that lip glosses were making their way back to my favorite beauty brands' shelves. I resisted the urge to buy one for a long time, because I associated lip gloss with middle school dances and general awkwardness. When I finally caved and bought a new lip gloss, I discovered that my awkward lip gloss wearing days were gone.

In other words, this isn't your seventh grade lip gloss. Lip gloss has grown up! Allow me to present my summer beauty staple, Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Gloss in Disco Rose:



The packaging is chunky but sleek. The color itself is pigmented and unusual. Although it is described as a rich rose shade, it's not the red rose of Valentine's Day that this lip gloss has captured; rather, the deep pink roses found in the lush summer gardens cared for by passionate pruners.


Unlike the lip glosses of my adolescence, this lip gloss is smooth and wears much like a balm. I often forget that I am wearing it once I have applied it, and as I carry on with daily activities, the gloss carries on along with me. I usually get at least five hours of wear out of one application. Once the gloss wears off, a nice color remains on my lips until I wash it off or reapply.

This gloss wears beautifully on its own, but it also complements lip stains nicely in that it prevents dryness when combined with a stain. That is to say, another benefit of this lip gloss is that it is incredibly moisturizing. This is my favorite unexpected twist and added benefit to my summer staple.

Reasonably priced at $20, a bargain for high-end lip products, Smashbox Be Legendary lip gloss is well worth the investment for pretty, worry-free summer lips.

2 comments:

  1. "The deep pink roses found in the lush summer gardens cared for by passionate pruners"... No one could make lip gloss sound more appealing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks, Han! Writing from the heart on that one. :-)

      Delete