Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring Break Treats

Greetings! Almost a month has passed since my last blog post. Apologies to my faithful readers! I have some pretty good excuses for not being on the ball. First, I passed my Master's defense and will be graduating in May, and second, I started a new job in mid-March. Big milestones for which I am thankful, and I hope you can forgive me for not keeping my blog up to date.

Now that the formalities are out of the way, let's get to the goods.

I'm on a Spring Break staycation, and since I live in a state that likely won't warm up until mid-May, I have been shopping for my very favorite thing: makeup! Below is a list of what I got this week, followed by some short descriptions. None of the products are reviewed, because you get to pick my next review. Be sure to let me know in the comments which of the following products you'd like me to review next!

1. Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve
Out with the old, in with the new! I switched from C.O. Bigelow Rosebud Salve to this new brand from Sephora. I had the old Bigelow salve for an embarrassingly long time and should have replaced it much sooner. Rosebud salves are a good investment because they last a long time; a little goes a long way and provides all you need for smooth lips.


2. Maybelline New York Baby Lips in Peppermint
Word of mouth encouraged me to try Baby Lips! The SPF 20 sunscreen is a nice touch and will be useful in the spring and summer. 


3. Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Fresh & Foamy Body Wash
Soap & Glory is a British brand that was formerly sold at Target, but is now only available at Sephora. How I wish I had known of its existence back in its Target days, because now that it's at Sephora, it's a little on the pricey side. However, there are 16.2 sudsy ounces of lemon, lime, vanilla, and coconut foam goodness, so it's a price I'm willing to pay for a tropical escape every time I shower.


4.  Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub
This mixture of lime, brown sugar, lemon, vanilla, almond oil, brown sugar, and macadamia oil smells good enough to eat! It's a similar smell to its sister body wash (#3 above), but more intense. It is, in a word, delightful.


5.  Essie Nail Polish in Imported Champagne
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I am an OPI girl. Lately, though, my friend Han has inspired me to branch out after seeing the beautiful Essie colors she features on her blog, Haneybee. The color she featured that really got me curious was Cocktail Bling, which you can see here for yourself. I decided to try out the color Imported Champagne, which is a big change for me as I usually stick to pinks, my signature reds, and purples.


6.  Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Smitten and Sweetheart
These bad boys are worthy of their own review. I have yet to try Smitten, pictured on the top, but I am obsessed with Sweetheart, pictured on the bottom.


7.  Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Mushroom
Again, another product worthy of its own review. The color is unusual but appropriate for professional or evening wear.


Which of these products would you like me to review? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash, please! Sounds invigorating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being my first vote! I was hoping someone would vote for the body wash. :-)

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new job and upcoming graduation! So proud of you! And I love that Essie color... I'll probably need to add it to my collection soon. Coincidentally, though, I'm currently wearing OPI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way!!! We traded nails! ;-) The Imported Champagne will be a good lawyer-y color. It says, "I'm feminine, but I'm fierce." And thanks for the congrats!

      Delete