Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush | Review

Spring had sprung, and I wanted something new. Specifically, something new for my cheeks. The hunt for a new blush began on a chilly spring day. I tirelessly searched through blushes, checking out recommendations from YouTube beauty gurus, Sephora reviews, and both high-end and drugstore brands. After much deliberation, many bookmarked web pages, and a few restless nights of sleep (I take my makeup purchases seriously), I decided on the one: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in the shade Blushing Bride.


One of the things I like best about this blush is the packaging. I ordered the blush online, and when I opened the Sephora package, I thought for a moment that I had stepped back in time, because the packaging reminds me of Polly Pocket. The pink, the gold lettering, the small compact-- it felt like 1994 all over again. Another important aspect of the packaging is the mirror on the inside. Usually, I don't use mirrors included in makeup compacts. I rarely apply makeup on the go, so the mirrors aren't a necessity for me. With this compact, I find myself using the mirror because of its superior quality. It is gorgeous and offers a pristine reflection to the user.


Back to the star of the show:  the product. Tarte claims that this blush is "infused with Amazonian clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and baked by the sun." This claim is graphically depicted in the blush itself. Visually, this blush is stunning, both inside and outside the package. The product wears just as beautifully on the cheeks, and truly lasts the full, advertised 12 hours. A little bit of blush goes a long way. I would recommend putting less product on your brush than usual, and building the color up as desired with a small amount on your brush each time. Blending this blush is a dream, and harsh lines are a rarity, unless too much product is applied. A light hand is the best bet.

I have been using this blush daily for three months now, and I have barely made a dent in it. For $26, it is an excellent value and well worth the investment. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush is available in 15 different shades. Let me know if you have tried any other shades and what you thought of them!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds lovely! Great description, too. I love that it looks like Polly Pocket. I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. :-)

    ReplyDelete