Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Review | e.l.f. Studio HD Blush

Recently, I visited my best friend in Florida. It was lovely to spend time with her and her family, and an added benefit that she lives in a warmer state. Unaccustomed to warmer temperatures after five months of cold, I wrestled with myself over which items to pack in my makeup bag. One product I decided to take with me was e.l.f.'s HD Blush:
HD makeup was created in response to high-definition cameras, which focus in greater detail. HD makeup is designed to blend in perfectly to the skin, creating a result that looks more natural on camera. e.l.f.'s Studio HD Blush retails for a bargain price of $3, as opposed to luxury brands like Make Up For Ever's HD Blush, which retails for $26. e.l.f.'s HD Blush comes with a pump, which makes it easy to dispense a small amount.
A little bit goes a long way with this product, as it is extremely pigmented. I use the lightest shade, called Headliner. As you can see, one pump dispenses more than enough for both cheeks:
I dispense one small pump onto the back of my hand, then use the stippling technique to apply the product to the apples of my cheeks. After picking up the product on a blush brush, I stipple the brush on the back of my hand to get rid of some excess color, then use the same stippling technique as I apply it on my cheeks. If I'm in a hurry, I'll sometimes use half a pump and apply the product onto my fingers, then directly onto my cheeks.
This is one pump, blended onto the back of my hand. I spread the product out before stippling it onto my brush and my cheeks, and the result is a lighter, less harsh version of this color that lasts all day, regardless of climate. If you're new to HD makeup or cream blush, I would recommend trying this product out before you wash your face at night, so you can get used to the technique needed to apply it.

Yet another impressive product from e.l.f.!

2 comments:

  1. Stippling-- you are more like a makeup artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Just a little trick I've picked up. Needed to figure out a way to apply the cream blush so it didn't look severe-- stippling was the answer I needed!

      Delete