Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Review | e.l.f. Essential Nail Polish


As you know, I am a huge fan of e.l.f. Cosmetics. 99% of the time, I am impressed and satisfied with their products. One product I am not impressed with is their nail polish.

I bought e.l.f. Essential Nail Polish in Party Peach:



I started with two coats of polish on my nails, per my usual nail routine. However, the nail polish was so thin that I ended up using three coats. The nail polish applicator is square shaped, and this was extremely difficult to maneuver in my hand as I painted the polish onto my nails. It took about 10 minutes for my nails to set, and about 30 before I felt like they were completely dry.



What a fun color! It's a little slice of summer in the middle of a harsh winter.


After the polish dried, I noticed that one set of nails was nice and shiny, and the other set was painted, but I could still see my actual nail through the color. This was disappointing, especially since I used three coats of polish. Perhaps the biggest disappointment was the longevity-- or lack thereof-- of this product. I painted my nails on a Friday; by Sunday, they had chipped to the point where I couldn't stand to look at them and had to remove the nail polish.

Even though this nail polish is a great deal at only $2, I'll stick with my O.P.I. I would recommend e.l.f. Essential Nail Polish to anyone who's looking to try a new, trendy nail polish color. If you don't like the color you're experimenting with, don't worry! It'll be gone in three days, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Laura, I literally saw this feature on nail polish right after posting mine! Great minds... I'm sorry to hear that your beloved brand has let you down. What a tragedy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are on the same nail polish wavelength! :-)

      Delete