Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Review | Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme

My feet are dry and cracked, partially due to genetics, but mostly because of my preference to be barefoot as much as possible. Combine these factors with a job that keeps me on my feet all day, and the odds are stacked against me. The summer of 2013 was my wake up call to be more attentive to my poor, neglected feet. As I settled in for a pedicure, I apologized to the pedicurist in advance, joking that she had her work cut out for her. She actually gasped when she saw my feet, and after she had restored them to normal foot condition, I promised her I would take better care of them.

Since then, I have been searching for a product that could heal the cracks and blisters on my feet. Body lotion wasn't successful. Pumice stones weren't successful. Even pedicure boards were unsuccessful. My parents had recently decided they disliked one of their foot creams because of its fragrance and consistency, so, in a last ditch effort, I decided to give it a try. The old adage is true:  One person's trash is another person's treasure.

Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme is a miracle product. It works miracles, everyone, and this is not an exaggeration. Here is the miracle product:
Miracle foot cream.
According to Burt's Bees, this product is 99.4% natural, which is always a bonus. Ingredients include olive oil, oat flour, coconut oil, oat oil, rosemary leaf oil, and vitamin E. The .6% unnatural ingredient is peppermint fragrance. Being formulated with oil, the product is quite thick:
A little bit goes a long way!
Another shot, taken seconds later, shows that the product is runny, despite its thickness:
Quickly sliding off my finger.
The product directions instruct you to "apply liberally," but I think that less is more, in this instance. Put the cream where you need it, directly on the dry, cracked parts of your feet. Spread the cream into a thin layer so that the entire dry area is covered. The cream soaks in within seconds, but your feet will be oily (remember that ingredients list?); I recommend having socks at the ready so that you can slip them on immediately after application. Leave your socks on for an hour or two, then remove them and prepare to be amazed at your newly rejuvenated feet.

Immediately upon application, you will see an improvement in the condition of your feet. The cream feels like a warm, luxurious oil treatment. Its scent is unique-- think tropical meets mint-- but not unpleasant. The results are unparalleled.

I have seen a marked improvement in my feet after using this product. Between uses of this foot cream, my feet stay soft and smooth for about three to four days. I highly recommend this foot cream to those of you who suffer from dry, cracked feet-- there is finally a solution! Best of all, it's only $9!

2 comments:

  1. Well, maybe I'll have to try it again! Glad it works for you. It does smell wonderful, like coconut ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it another go! And if you still don't like it.... your trash, my treasure! :-)

      Delete